Sunday, May 18, 2008

I'm baaaa-ack!

Hi all.

I know. You're thinking, "How was the cruise, Jasmin?"

Poorly planned. I would go into the details, but that would make this post intensely negative, and frankly, boring to read. Sadly, I can not recommend going on any future Sea Socks cruises. Really.

But.

Alaska was beautiful. You should totally go.

Ketchikan Sign

I may have been pre-occupied with having fun to take a lot of pictures of Ketchikan. It was cold and rainy, and I LOVED it.

We stopped at the Hubbard Glacier.

hubbard glacier

It was pretty cold. Perfect time for a vanity shot!

Photobucket

It was also super-cold. So, to warm up:

Photobucket

Hot chocolate with Bailey's and my pink socks.

hubbard glacier 2

We went around Juneau. First to the Mendenhall Glacier:

glacier

waterfall

landscape

Pretty, huh?

I met my first snowman ever.

Photobucket

He liked my sock.

I was hoping to see some black bears, but only saw this:

bear proof

Afterwards, we went to Glacier Gardens, and got rained on in the rainforest. In person, I wax poetic about how peaceful and introspective the time I spent there was. Here, you get a picture of our very young (and sporting) tour guides:

glacier gardens tour guides and sock

Next, we went to the Alaskan Brewing Company. There was beer. I drank jalapeƱo beer. And six or seven other kinds.

Jasmin and beer

Mmmmm... Foamy!

After sampling some of their brews, we went to dinner at the Twisted Fish.

beer and sock

I can really pull off a bib.

bib beer and Jasmin

And we had the best waitress ever, Jennifer. (Holding the sock.)


Twisted Fish

In Victoria, there was Beehive Yarns, and the Canoe Club. Sorry, no pictures. But, I had some amazing drinks. (There may be a connection between those two.)

There were more upsides:

Meeting so many fabulous people. I really do believe that knitters are inherently interesting and good people.

Amy's husband (Phil) looks hot in his kilt. HOT!

Churchmouse Yarns & Teas. Nice people, good yarn, GREAT sherry.

Now I just have to wait for my souvenirs to show up in the mail. Mom asked me why I didn't mail my dirty laundry and pack my new yarn.

Clearly, I was having a "pretty but not smart" day. Live and learn, right?

4 comments:

  1. Looks to me like a good time was had by all--I wish I could have been there snapping those photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heartily agree with everything you said. EVERYthing.
    I'd travel with all y'all again, but not on a SeaSocks Cruise...not without some changes, eh?
    But, men in Kilts...o yes.
    :D
    H

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, the whole men in kilts thing, totally passed me by... whoops, funny that.

    Phil is an utter treasure.

    Lovely to hang with so many knittish folks who got the whole 'other crafts' focus thing though...

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like me to respond, please make sure to put your email address in the field. :)