Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Fifty percent

This last weekend, we took Genevieve out to her first Stitches West.

IMG_0411
Three generations, picture courtesy of WonderMike

I was thinking about this picture, and what I kept coming back to is that half of me came from Mom, and that Genevieve is half me. It completely blows my mind.

Speaking of Mom, check out what a great job she did on my hair! After a lot of discussion about parenting and identity, Mom facilitated the re-pinking. It's stupid and superficial, but I just didn't feel like myself as a brunette.

After Mom did the bleach and color on my hair, we went to get it cut, and Suzy the Stylist declared that I looked like myself again, too. Nothing like a Mom to make sure you don't lose yourself, right?

Stitches was fun; it was a completely different experience with Genevieve. We did a lot more sitting and a lot less partying, but you know what? It was a much more restful weekend. And we can always party when she's older.

What I *will* say is that she LOVED staring at all the colors. She can't help it; it's in her genes.

21 comments:

  1. This warms my heart! Can't wait to hear your voices again. Give us a little taste of Genevieve too if you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks great! Little Genevieve looks alot like your Mom, and looks quite comfy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture of the three of you... lots of love, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful post--welcome back--you've been missed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful picture of 3 beautiful ladies.

    Looking forward to hearing your voices again very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Geez, you guys look gorgeous :-)

    That's a snap for the photo album.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still think your little one looks a lot like your gorgeous mother!!! Amazing! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can see a lot of both you and your mom in sweet little Genevieve. And your hair looks fabulous! Beautiful picture of all three of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful picture - I'm glad you are starting early with the yarn shopping experience for G. Hope you guys are doing well. C x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your hair looks lovely, and Genevieve is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to see you back to pink, Jasmin! It kind of amazes me that someone can go through something as life-changing as making another human being and come out of it as the exact same awesome person.

    Also, as someone roughly in your age group and surrounded by people reproducing NOTHING has given me baby fever except seeing your photos of Genevieve, and I love her name.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an awesome family pic! And I love the return of the pink hair, it's not stupid, it's fun! Besides, since mine is streaked purple, I admit to being slightly biased...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful picture of 3 generations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Baby G. looks like Oma!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your three generations picture! You hair looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great picture of the three of you, but that baby is beautiful ! Sorry I'm a sucker for wee ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. The three of you look so calm and relaxed and happy. What a good looking family you are. I love this picture of you guys. If you travel to any of the Oregon Festivals this year I hope I get to see you again. Until then, enjoy.
    LaVelle

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful family!!!! Happy Knitting..

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like me to respond, please make sure to put your email address in the field. :)